Please read the guidelines for submission below. We look forward to reading your stories and posts on the 1st of every month.
1. Email email@example.com to join the fun! Then you'll be sure to receive all announcements, etc. Announcements will also be posted here on the site.
2. Every month, choose a recipe to cook from a Gourmet issue that was published during the same month, any year. (So for December, we'll be cooking all different recipes from all different December issues of Gourmet.) Dig through your old issues! Or find something delicious on Epicurious.
How can I find recipes for a certain month on Epicurious? Do an Advanced Search with Gourmet as your source selection. (Lower right menu). Include the name of the month as a keyword.
3. On the first of the month or a few days before, post about what you've cooked (include a photograph as well as some original writing) on your blog. Please do NOT copy and paste the recipe from Epicurious—write about your adaptations or adjustments and include a link to the original recipe. We'd love if it's a new post, not something you wrote up earlier. Send the link to your post to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get included in that month's roundup. Be sure to send us the link to the specific entry, not your main blog address.
4. Come back to the site during the first week of of each month to see a few featured entries, along with links to everyone's contribution.
5. What if I don't have a blog? We encourage you to start one! But if you really don't want one, you can still play. Send us a few paragraphs of your comments and thoughts about the dish along with a working link to the recipe you used and your best photo of your finished dish. You may get included among our featured posts even if we don't have a blog to direct our readers to.
6. What if I can't commit to every month? We hope you'll join us all year, but sometimes things get busy. Just drop in when you can, sending your post on the 1st of the month for the ones when you can participate. Unfortunately, we can't take late submissions since we'll be posting the roundup all at once.
7. We must receive your post by the FIRST DAY of each month in order to feature it on Gourmet, Unbound. Early bird gets the worm! We'll accept submissions through the 15th of each month, but we can't guarantee how quickly we'll get them up on the site.